Thursday, October 3rd:
- World Compassion Gala Benefit Dinner celebrating 50 years of ministry at the Renaissance Hotel on Thursday evening. Check-in and reception begin at 6:00 PM, and the dinner and program follow at 7:00 PM. Living Sound will be particularly honored at this event. Don Moen, a recent Gospel Hall of Fame inductee, will be the featured Living Sound musician that night.
Friday, October 4th: (Main events of the 50-year reunion of Living Sound begin)
- Breakfast (self-pay) at the Savoy (61st and Sheridan) at 8:00 AM – Larry Dalton’s favorite breakfast place in Tulsa.
- Lunch at the original Goldie’s at 51st & Lewis at 11:45 AM (an opportunity to buy lunch for a team member you haven’t seen in 30 years)
- Dinner at the Timko Barton Auditorium at ORU at 6:00 PM followed by a Living Sound concert and video of all alums until 10:00 PM. There will be opportunities for many to bring greetings and testimonies between songs like in our Living Sound concerts. Terry might preach one of his classic sermons, and we’ll finish with a time of prayer for one another.
Saturday, October 5th:
- Brunch hosted by Terry and Barbara Law at their home at 10:00 AM
- Optional visit to Tulsa’s new attraction The Gathering Place (a number of fun lunch options are available on site)
There is no official host hotel, but several hotels offer discount ORU rates. See the list of hotels here.
For further questions contact Joel Vesanen at the World Compassion office at 1-918-492-2858, ext 104 or on his cell 1-918-344-2698.
Don’t forget to send us your brief video greeting to be shown at the Living Sound Concert on Friday, October 4th. In the video please state your name (ladies please give us your maiden name as well), the years you were in Living Sound, how Living Sound changed your life and one of your funniest moments in Living Sound.
Once you’ve recorded your video, simply visit wetransfer.com, add the video from your phone or computer, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15th.